Happy 2012! Last year was the best one of my life so far, and beginning a new one means even more good things to come. Garret and I celebrated the new year surrounded by new friends and we couldn’t be more thankful! Now that 2012 is here we have even more reason to celebrate.
That new years eve happens after Christmas is perfectly timed. After a month of decadence and joy we have the opportunity to make plans and discover what we want to happen on our new blank slate. What do we want to be? Enjoy? Do? That is why I love new years resolutions so much!
Last year I vowed to get to the bottom of my health challenges. After spending 2010 in constant abdominal pain, I wanted some answers. In 2011 I visited 3 doctors, one ayurvedic specialist, one clairvoyant, and finally- a digestive specialist in Seattle. Taking my health matters into my own hands has been an incredible journey. I now know that good health is up to me and to take good care of myself. I also achieved my goal. I found out that I am allergic to wheat, dairy, and eggs. After three months free of my poisons I can truly say that I have never felt so good in my life!
Now that I have my health and vitality back, I feel like the world is my oyster. I can do anything! So its time for me to dig into my passions and spend the year doing things I love with people I love. Sounds great right? Here are my new years resolutions to achieve just that!
Goals/Aspirations: I want to spend more time developing my hobbies and passions. In particular, I want to:
- Teach Yoga: I will teach a regular yoga class! I’m power yoga certified and now is the time to get my teaching practice going!
- Design: I will design 5 articles of clothing and get at least one of them made!
- Volunteer: I will be spending the year helping two causes I love- Young Life and Make-a-Wish.
- Re-read the entire bible: This will encourage me to have daily meditations each morning before rushing off!
- Renew my yoga practice: My personal practice deeply suffered in the beginning of 2011 in the ruckus of getting married, moving, etc. In 2012 I will get back to my passions and take weekly if not- multi-weekly classes. Having a consistent practice will deeply impact my mind, body, and spirit to enable plenty of other goals to emerge!
- Spend Consciously: I didn’t give much thought to my spending habits in 2011. But now that there are so many things I want to do in life I realize that I need to start making positive decisions to make those happen. Part of that, is needing money. I now have a meticulously planned budget on mint.com that I will stick to this year. Doing this means I get to do more of the things I love in life.
- International Vacation: Garret and I are going on a 2-week international vacation in 2012. Details to come!
- Use our land: Garret and I love our property and want to do amazing things with it. Plans include installing a greenhouse and others to make our lives more self-sufficient.
Hold me accountable everyone! Happy New Year!